Base Service Unit Intake
Our Intake team is comprised of Master Level Behavioral Health Professionals who meet with individuals and family members (based on age) to assess what services he or she needs and are eligible to receive. Intake services are offered at all WCSI locations and we serve all residents of Westmoreland County.
The Intake team provides a thorough and personalized clinical assessment, reviews any available records and information, and helps the individual to obtain community behavioral health services. The Intake Specialist will also assess the need for any case management or crisis services and facilitate the necessary referrals.
Inquiries regarding Intake services can be made by telephone or in person. To make an appointment for Behavioral Health Services through our Greensburg site, contact the WCSI BH Intake Department by calling toll free 1-800-353-6467. For our New Kensington site, please call 724-334-1774 or toll free 1-877-334-1774. You may also walk in at the Greensburg site to schedule an Intake appointment.
Whether calling or visiting in person, be prepared to provide the following information regarding the individual for whom services are being requested:
- Full name, current address, and telephone number
- Social security number
- Date of birth
- Health insurance information
- Financial status and/or gross household income for individuals without insurance
- Name and phone number of one emergency contact
- Presenting problem or reason for referral
- Names and phone numbers of probation officers and/or Children’s Bureau caseworkers (if applicable)
Information and Referrals
Information and referrals are available to all residents of Westmoreland County who are in need of Behavioral Health Services.